Wednesday 31 August 2011

Tokens of affection

Magic Padlock Man has been on a roll today with his pilfering from the Charity Shop Next Door... By 5pm, he had given me a broken bracelet, a scarf, a 2009 Calender and Wham's first Christmas Album, straight from the 80's, only when I pulled the record out, it was by some bloke called Johnny Matthis...the disappointment hung in the air for all of a millisecond...

He has also been carrying round a large two litre bottle of Nisa Cola with him all day and despite the fact that I had only drunk half of my coffee and left my mug by the till. While I was serving a peasant, I saw him sneak through the shop door and fill up my mug with Cheapshite Coke...then left without a word...ho hum...

Of course, The Law of Sod came into play as my very fit delivery driver was humping the compost onto the shop floor (that sounds ruder than it was)... With a tonne of stuff to get priced up and onto the shop floor, Latinus Twatius Manius came creeping into the doorway with his grubby envelope, filled with the Latin education he is intent on giving me everyday.


"Not Now Mate"...I pleaded, "we are really busy"...

Obviously, this translated into Latin means...of course you can waste my feckin time by asking me to translate English to the Latin words you have written on your little pieces of paper. I have nothing better to do, despite the fact I am upto my ears in Compost and Customers!!!

Latinus Twatius is also a Persistius Arseus and hovered around for another ten minutes, clearly not leaving without imparting his pearls of wisdom for the day...

- What was the Latin word for a narrow walkway or road???

For the life of me, and the fact that I was trying to serve, take delivery and clear the shop floor of trip hazards...Not only couldnt I think of it... I just felt like screaming - I'm Feckinus Busius, now Feckius Offius!!!!

Apparently - the word is VIA...

No comments:

Post a Comment