Thursday 25 August 2011

The Key to good service

Customer:  I forgot what I have come in for...
Me: *Smiles politely at the customer...Customer: Yes, there is definately something I have come in for...what am I like?
Me: *Continues to smile and notices queue behind customer...
Customer: Yes, it was definately plants or gaffa tape... Eeee what I am like?
Me: *Face aching now with false smile, I give a sympathetic nod... "Why dont I give you a moment and serve these customers while you have a think?"
Customer: No!!!  I'm first in the queue....
Me: *Can see the customers behind starting to froth at the mouth...
Customer: Ahhh....I remember now... I want a key cutting....
Me: I'm sorry, this is a gardening shop - the key cutting shop is next door....
She then proceeds to empty her handbag on the counter and spends the next ten mins raking thru it...I continue to serve the customers behind her, who pass their items over her shoulder... Eventually she declares....
Customer: Ahhhh..shite, I have forgotten to bring the key, I'll pop home and be back in a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment