Wednesday 14 September 2011

Biscuit anyone?

So, this morning, Latinius Twatius Man is hovering outside the shop in his flat cap and filthy, battered raincoat.   He is clearly waiting for the 'shop full' of customer to leave, so he can have a private audience with me. He is gingerly hopping from foot to foot, staring at me through the shop window, with the anticipation of a kid at Christmas.

Yesterday, he told me that as he didn't come into the village during the gale force winds on Monday, that I was deficient in my Latin classes and that he had saved lots of nouns for me to ponder.

Rushed off my bloody feet,  selling nails for broken fences and such, I haven't stopped since the first peasants were battering down the door before we opened this morning. DIY shops are like a Mecca after bad weather... Still...there...He hovers...

Somewhere in the dark recesses of his mind, He knows pestering me every day is wrong and that I am actually trying to run my business here and make money. Yet his compulsions to engage me in his little world of giving me a latin education takes priority. The sad thing about it, is that he has at some point been a highly edcuated bloke. He has a cut glass Army Officer accent and impeccable manners, its just a shame that he is clearly absolutely barking!!!!!!!!!!

Like many of the Space Cases, who come though my shop door, the boundaries of what is socially acceptable, is well and truly blurred for them... I have to admit that its hard to be rude to Latinius Twatius, as he is always soooo very polite in his lunacy...

On the other hand its only 10.30am and so far...one of the other ones from the Mothership - Magic Padlock Man has brought me....

1. One earring....
2. An old, used dishcloth
3. A Big Band record sleeve...no record...
4. A handful of ginger biscuits, which have clearly been in his pocket for several months...
5. Some very nice geraniums, which I suspect came off the village roundabout...



Givemeus strengthius....its gonna be a long day....

No comments:

Post a Comment